I'm here to make sure every Mama has a way to simplify all the THINGS that life with baby brings, and our canopies do just that. They're so simple, and yet so useful, it's almost like cheating on all the other one-use baby items that are getting replaced ;)
Then I found the dreamy textiles made in Japan, and knew it was premium quality fabric at its best. The gorgeous minimalist colorways and neutral palette was perfect for the simplicity I was aiming for, and I believe, that Moms everywhere are longing for.
2016 brought some steep learning curves:
--my first time importing fabric taught me all about overseas shipping (and made me shift my timelines back by like 3 months!)
--putting the sewing production into others' hands grew my trust and appreciation of American made products by about a bajillion
--not all Double Gauze fabric is created equal. I've still got a few dozen yards of the stuff that just didn't cut it. Only the best for our canopies and customers!
--saying "You're a good Mom" is practically like speaking a foreign language. I had no idea the impact my tiny little side tag would make in the everyday lives of women using our canopies. Those first few months with a new baby are so hard. I don't care if it's your 1st or 5th. Every Mom needs to hear that a heckuva lot more, and I've got plans for 2017 to take that message further, and shout it louder.
And you kept coming up with more innovative ways to use your Canopies, I just have to pass on the brilliance!
Here's just a few of the ways Moms have told me they use their Hemmed In Canopy on a daily basis:
- safely covering baby in the carseat (those side cutouts give the best airflow; necessary on even cold days)
- nursing cover-up in public
- just a simple blanket for snuggling: I kept hearing things like "it's ridiculously soft" :)
- mat for diaper changes on-the-go
- pumping cover-up while at work
- swaddle blanket (again, those side cutouts are put to creative use!)
- infant swing cover for hot summer days
- burp cloth (baby spits up in the carseat, there's plenty of fabric right there to wipe it up with)
- baby carrier blanket: keeps those little feet poking out warm
- playmat on the go: put it on the ground & let baby stretch out and play while you're at a friend's, the airport, big sibling activities, etc
- sun shade for baby's face in the baby carrier (hiking, Disney'ing, etc!)
- baby carrier insert for extra padding with tiny newborns
:: The S A L E ::
I've never done a sale this big. In fact, I don't even do promos on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, or Small Business Saturday, or any other big sale day! (It's the rebel in me I suppose).
For tagging in our canopies on the hardest, sweetest, most memory-filled moments in your life.
For giving Hemmed In to friends, knowing that you're giving her simplicity and confidence in her work as Mom.
I can't wait to show you all the new things coming for 2017, but first: stock up on the perfect baby shower gift, and help me "Simplify Life With Baby" for more moms than ever this year!!
With great thanks,